Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University of Technology is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than three years or doctoral students for no more than four years.
2. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
3. Chinese University Programs as follow:
Materials Science and Engineering
Information and Communication Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
Environmental Science and Engineering
Energy and Power Engineering
Chemical Engineering and Technology
Management Science and Engineering
Transportation Planning & Management
Educational Economics and Management
Eligibility of applicants
1. Foreign citizenship, and in good health.
2. Applicants who apply for a Master degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor degree.
3. Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master degree.
4. Applicants for Chinese-medium programs, HSK certificate level four or above is required for the applicants who would like to study in the programs of science and engineering; HSK level five is required for the applicants who would like to study in the programs of liberal arts and medical programs. Applicants who have not reached the required level of Chinese are requested to take Chinese language training courses for one year before moving on to their degree study.
Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at the previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University of Technology.
Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who could not offer the above-mentioned standard English test results, additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University of Technology will be required to participate in.
Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
5. This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China. Applicants who have already completed degree study in China should graduate for more than one year.
6. Applicants applying for studying their native language or the third country's native languages such as English or French are not eligible for this scholarship program.
7.Applicants did not receive any other types of scholarship.
Scholarship coverage and criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Free accommodation;
3. Living allowance: (PHD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance;
5. International travel expenses: self-afforded.
If you want to know more detail of the scholarship, please visit the website at: http://www.campuschina.org/
Procedure of application
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://www.campuschina.org/ . The code of Wuhan University of Technology is 10497.Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
2. Register and submit your application online at Wuhan University of Technology Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whut.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University of Technology” and required application documents listed below:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University of Technology (written in Chinese or English).
3. Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original and copy of each one: issued directly by the school/university, with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor Degree is required for Master programs and Master Degree is required for doctoral programs).
4. Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
5. Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
6. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://www.campuschina.org.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
8. Valid HSK certificate (if available), as for non-native English applicants, valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
9. Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University of Technology (if available).
10.None Criminal Punishment Certificate.
1. Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application document. The highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcripts should be notarized.
2. Incomplete application document or wrong university code information will not be accepted. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
3. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
4. About application status, please visit our website for the latest information. We would not be able to reply every single mail and phone about the progress of application. Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.
From the beginning of Jan. to March 31st, 2021
The qualified applicants will be informed of the evaluation result around the middle of May, 2021, and the final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of June. The official admission document will be delivered from the beginning of July, 2021.
1. The Scholarship will not be reserved if the recipient cannot register in Wuhan University of Technology before the registration deadline (The registration time will be notified on your admission notice).
2. The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
3. The Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
Address: Admissions Office, School of International Education, Wuhan University of Technology, No.205,Luoshi Road, Hongshan Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430070; Post code:430070