Sino-American Cultural Exchange Scholarship aims at helping to establish and deepen cooperation between Chinese and American universities, and to attract more American students to study in China. By the support of the Ministry of Education, our university will continue to supply 5 scholarship candidates for 2012-2013 academic year to pursue master’s degree or doctoral degree. The scholarship applicant is required to have bachelor or above, and the applicant must have a valid American passport. The students who come from the world famous university or well-known university and intercollegiate cooperation of colleges have the priority to get the scholarship.
Scope of Application
The degree oriented scholarship is provided to those American students who have received the admission from the HEIs under the Chinese government scholarship program. (Not including the students with attendance bonus and outstanding achievement award, or other incentive awards).
Values of Scholarship
The degree oriented scholarship is full scholarship without detachment.
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the institution’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials only covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Creteria & Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants must not be university students in Chinese universities at the time of application.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
How to Apply
Please kindly recommend students on list to us for the year 2012 .The deadline for degree oriented student is March 31.
Please log in the website : http://laihua.csc.edu.cn to submit the application information ,and then send APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP with the student’s signature.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application for Study in China is available in http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by CSC.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
5) Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.